Just got back from Snowboarding at Sundance Ski resort. I fell down a lot less than I did during my previous times. I'm also doing a lot more toe turns which has always been an issue. I decided to try the blue slopes today which was good and bad. I got over my fear of going down the steep sections, but I also got too tired to enjoy the green sections of the run. I can tell that I'm getting a lot faster these days because the runs seem shorted (or quicker). One more season and I'll be a pro :).
After wasting about 3 hours watching old episodes of The Office, I had a sinking feeling last night that I'm not working towards any of my life goals.
- Learn JS
- Release mobile apps
- Get better at Python
- Do a startup or at least join one
- Set short-term goals.
- Work on my stuff and report the progress every week to my buddy Vijay.
- Tue (6-9)
- Wed (6-9) - bonus day
- Thu (6-9)
- Sat (5-9)
- Sun (1-5)
I had a chance to watch one of my role models in action today. He is one of the young, intelligent managers who rose to the top of the ladder pretty quickly. He managed to do that without creating enemies along the way which is pretty hard to do in big corporations. Everyone who has worked with him will attest to the fact that he deserves to be in the top and has nothing bad to say about him.
- Open gconf-editor
- raise on click (uncheck)
- Open gconf-editor
- compositing_manager (check)
If you think your users are idiots, only idiots will use it.
things (such as pearls) should not be put in front of people (or in this case, swine) who do not appreciate their value
I've been exclusively using Meego on my netbook and I was moderately happy with what it provided. So I did what any self-respecting hacker would do - I tried to make it better. Well, we all know how that usually ends. I managed to uninstall every single kernel in the system and rendered the system unbootable. Taking this as an opportunity I decided to try a grown-up OS. Enter Ubuntu into the picture.
- Fedora looked nice but wouldn't connect to internet. Same problem as Ubuntu, but this time, it wouldn't offer to download proprietary drivers.
- Mandriva image hangs up in the middle of booting (I'm personally embarrassed by this). Btw, Mandriva has to be the ugliest of all the OSes. Seriously man, you gotta up the ante a little bit if you want to stay in this game.
- Mint OS same as Ubuntu, only it looked even more gorgeous. I might try this out in the future.
After realizing that I only have 2 days per week (and weekends) to work on my side projects, I decided to axe one of my hobbies. Unfortunately Hapkido got kicked out (no pun intended) of my schedule. Sad day. I really enjoyed Hapkido and I hope I can get back to it once things settle down a little bit.
- Learn Titanium and port pTimer to Android and iOS.
I used LaTeX when I was in school to create reports, presentation (using beamer) and even sometimes class notes and assignments. Recently when I was looking for a presentation program in Linux I was crestfallen by the lack of polish in OpenOffice Impress. So I created my presentation for the Salt Lake Linux User Group in LaTeX and it looked professional (nothing surprising there).