Vian is eating dates that I bought from the Indian store. He seems to be a fan. I take another date out of the package for myself. Vian intercepts my new date even though his mouth is full. I'm curious to see his next action. He takes the old date out of his mouth and shoves it into my mouth and then proceeds to eat his new one.
Early Wednesday morning. I'm entertaining both Sempi and Vian. I start to play some music (Tamil songs) and decided to dance. Sempi reaches for his ear muffs and Vian starts to bounce to the music.
I have the sudden realization that both the kids are doomed to be dorks if they're learning dance moves from me. Naturally, I start dancing harder.
These facts are based on a sample size of one 9 month old.
- 9-month-olds can eat 3 whole grapes before they get bored of it.
- 9-month-olds can go from smiling to crying in 5 seconds flat. I've also managed to reverse this reaction in 5 seconds. Once!
- 9-month-olds have no sense of personal hygiene. If you try to kiss them on their cheeks, they can turn their head at the last second and slobber all over your mouth.
- If you give them an avocado to eat, make sure to wash their hair afterward. Avocado leaks out of their hair and all over their face.
- 9-month-olds are dramatic. They are emotionally moved when you pluck them out of their mother's hand. They cry out in joy for saving them. With tears flowing down their chubby cheeks.
- 9-month-olds are thrill seekers. Even though they can't walk to save their lives, they will try to launch themselves down the stairs or climb up tables.
Vian is starting to pull himself up. He stood up and tried to grab everything in his reach.
Me: We shouldn't keep the water cup here. Vian might grab it.
Yoshi: We just have to keep an eye on him. You might think he has tiny T-Rex hands, but nooo. He's more like an octopus with tentacles.
Sempi loves Vian. Vian thinks Sempi is the coolest guy ever. When Vian is crying and I've tried every trick in my book, I call Sempi for help. Sempi starts doing something funny (sing a song in gibberish or jump up and down on a mattress), immediately Vian starts laughing (not just a smile but a wholehearted laughter). Vian thinks Sempi is hilarious and Sempi loves to entertain Vian. It works out great for me. :)